BurnAid Dressing 10cmx10cm
Burnaid Dressing 10cmx10cm.
- Specifically designed for the treatment of burns.
- Non-adherent and easily washes off in water.
- Cools & soothes to relieve pain.
- Keeps the affected area clean and free from infection.
- Used by paramedics.
BurnAid is a world-leading manufacturer of burn treatment products. BurnAid Dressing is a 3mm foam dressing impregnated with cooling hydrogel which helps to relieve pain. The dressing design is non-adherent to avoid pain and skin tearing upon removal. Help prevent the risk of infection on burnt skin with the Burnaid dressing acting as a soothing barrier to bacteria and other harmful germs.
- Convenient size for the hand or body.
- Sterile, single use dressings.
BurnAid Used by Paramedics
- BurnAid is used by Paramedics in Australia and various markets in Europe.
- BurnAid is used post initial First Aid as part of the transport protocol to Emergency Departments.
- Stop the burning process - remove the person from the area / burn source
- Remove any clothing or jewellary near the burn area
- Cool the burn - run the burn under cool water for at least 10 minutes
- Do not use ice, as this may cause further skin damage
- Treat the burn liberally with BurnAid Burn Spray (every half hour)
- Cover the burn with the BurnAid dressing
BurnAid gel or dressings can also be used as immediate first aid in case running water is not available, or until running water can be applied.
BurnAid is for the first aid treatment of minor burns only. Please seek medical attention for more serious burns. For external use only. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. BurnAid dressing is not recommended for use for more than 2 hours.
If Hydrogels are used for prolonged periods of time and on large body surface areas there is risk of hypothermia. For this reason, dressings should not be applied to adults with >20% BSA burns and children with >10% BSA burns.
BurnAid products are not recommended for use in children under the age of 2.