BurnAid Spray 50ml
The BurnAid Burn Gel Spray is a cooling hydrogel spray ideal for quick and convenient use. The hydrogel formulation cools and soothes the affected area and is readily rinsed off.
Specifically designed for the treatment of burns.
Provides a moist wound healing environment.
Cools & soothes to relieve pain.
Hydrogel based formulations.
- Used by paramedics.
- For the relief of minor burns, scalds and sunburn.
The Science: BurnAid Burn Gel contains in excess of 90% water trapped in a proprietary gel designed to provide pain relief from burns. The hydrogel acts as a "heat sink" drawing heat out of the burn to provide evaporative cooling. Help to prevent the risk of contamination associated with burns alongside the BurnAid Dressing.
BurnAid Used by Paramedics
BurnAid is used by Paramedics in Australia and various markets in Europe.
BurnAid is used post initial First Aid as part of the transport protocol to Emergency Departments.
- Stop the burning process - remove the person from the area / burn source
- Remove any clothing or jewellary near the burn area
- Cool the burn - run the burn under cool water for at least 10 minutes
- Do not use ice, as this may cause further skin damage
- Treat the burn liberally with BurnAid Burn Spray (every half hour)
- Cover the burn with the BurnAid Dressing
BurnAid gel or dressings can also be used as immediate first aid in case running water is not available, or until running water can be applied.
BurnAid is for the first aid treatment of minor burns only. Please seek medical attention for more serious burns. For external use only. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. BurnAid dressing is not recommended for use for more than 2 hours.
If Hydrogels are used for prolonged periods of time and on large body surface areas there is risk of hypothermia. For this reason, dressings should not be applied to adults with >20% BSA burns and children with >10% BSA burns.
BurnAid products are not recommended for use in children under the age of 2.