Epitact Flexible Thumb Brace - Day (Right Hand)
Wearing the Epitact Flexible Thumb Brace (Right Hand) proprioceptive orthotic on a daily basis helps to relieve the joint pain caused by osteoarthritis at the base of the thumb. It restricts traumatic micro-movements (e.g. moving hands in mid-air while walking or talking etc.), holds the thumb in a resting position, and retains heat locally to the joint. It is flexible, thin and discreet - this orthotic helps you to retain the full functionality of your hand.
Developed to relieve the joint pain caused by thumb osteoarthritis, this flexible orthotic helps you to perform tasks of daily life; while restricting traumatic micro-movements. It can be worn during the day, as often as you like.
- The flexible orthotic opens the commissure, which means that the thumb can be kept in a resting position. The alignment of the bones within the thumb; serve to limit the forces exerted on the trapeziometacarpal joint and thus help to relieve pain.
- The thumb orthotic absorbs traumatic micro-movements. During the day, it may seem as though the thumb is at rest, but in-fact it is constantly moving with the hands. These repeated micro-mobilisations are very harmful and are one of the factors that trigger painful thumb inflammation. Without immobilising the thumb, this flexible orthotic holds the thumb and 1st metacarpal bone in place. This thumb support helps to absorb traumatic micro-mobilisations, meaning that it can help to reduce painful flare-ups of inflammation caused by osteoarthritis.
- The thumb orthotic retains heat locally due to properties of the fabric and the silicone material. This means that it helps with the pain-relieving effect.
- The Epitact orthotic can be used alongside rigid orthotics that are better suited for night-time use.
- It can be machine washed at 30°C in the mesh laundry bag provided.
- Lifespan: several months.
- Sold individually. Available in 3 sizes, for the right and left hand.
Helps to relieve articular arthrosis pain at the root of the thumb by restricting micro instability.
- Do not use on an open wound.
- In the event of severe oedema: look closely at the splint during use. Remove the splint if it is too tight and impedes circulation. When in doubt seek advice from your GP or your pharmacist.
- Do not use near a flame or incandescent body.
PRECAUTIONS FOR USE:
This product is a day-use splint.
Two versions are available: right hand and left hand splints (stitching is inside the hand splint).
WHAT IT IS USED FOR:
The Epitact flexible proprioceptive splint (orthosis) enables the maintaining of full function of the hand throughout the day. It is used as a complement to rigid splints which are more suitable for nocturnal use.
WEARING THE SPLINT:
Attach the splint to your hand by sliding your thumb into the thumb section. The stitching must be inside the splint. For optimal comfort, adjust the position of the splint by slightly moving the stitching one way or another in the centre of the splint.
- Machine wash at 30°C.
- Do not use stain removers (acetone, solvents, etc.)
- Leave to dry naturally. Do not iron.
86% polyamide / elastane fabric, 14% silicone.
The materials used have passed all the regulatory tests required by ISO standard 10993-1 relating to products that come into contact with the skin. If an incident occurs, stop using the product immediately and inform Millet Innovation.
Millet Innovation cannot be held responsible for failure to use the product in accordance with the manufacturerʼs recommendations.